The Bérêche estate began to elaborate Champagne wines as early as in 1847. However, until 1950 the production remained insignificant and was based on the sole Ludes vineyard covering 2.5 hectares. At that time, the estate was run by Léon and Albert Bérêche. In the 1950s, our grandfather Pierre Bérêche got married to Solange, who was native to Ormes, a village situated to the south-west of Reims. The estate greatly expanded, as well as the blending of the cuvees. The estate had then a total of 5 hectares of vines, and part of the harvest was sold to bigger companies.
Our father Jean-Pierre began to work at the estate in early 1970, and was soon followed by his wife Catherine in 1979. In time, they decided to stop working with big wine trading businesses, instead favouring the family aspect.
In the late 1970s, the production soared by 30,000 bottles. In the mid 1990s, it reached 85,000 bottles due to the acquisition of 3 hectares of vines located in the Vallée de la Marne. Today, the estate covers 9.50 hectares.After training in vine-growing and oenology sciences and carrying out several traineeships, Raphaël and Vincent joined the estate during the 2004 and 2008 harvests, respectively. Together, they are doing their best to cultivate their vines and wines while respecting the nature in accordance with the family saying “precision, passion and devotion”.
About Beltramo's: About Us | Retail Store | Join E-mail List | Blog